Cannabis has real medical benefits that make it an effective treatment for several conditions. Our certified medical marijuana doctor can connect you with the treatments that are best for your health and wellness goals, as allowed by Florida law.
Benefits of Medical Marijuana
There are many proven and effective benefits of medical marijuana. Below are some of the primary uses for cannabis as a therapy.
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those enumerated in paragraphs (a)-(j)
- Chronic nonmalignant pain
- Terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification. “Terminal condition” means a progressive disease or medical or surgical condition that causes significant functional impairment, is not considered by a treating physician to be reversible without the administration of life-sustaining procedures, and will result in death within 1 year after diagnosis if the condition runs its normal course.
Medical Marijuana Doctor
In order to benefit from medical marijuana, you need a medical marijuana doctor to assess which medication can help you and in which dosage you should take it.
There are many strains or types of medical marijuana, including prescription medications. However, there are two main chemicals in marijuana that have medical uses. Different types of medical marijuana will have different levels of these two chemicals, which are:
- THC (tetrahydrocannabinol): This chemical is responsible for the recreational side effects some people seek from marijuana. Those who only wish to experience the medical benefits of marijuana may choose a strain of marijuana that is low on THC. However, THC does have several medical benefits, and it may be an effective treatment for you depending on your condition.
- CBD (cannabidiol): CBD provides many of the medical benefits of marijuana; in fact, it can be made from hemp as well as marijuana. CBD is available as a prescription medication.
Medical marijuana could help thousands of people in Florida, especially as many consider it to be an alternative to heavy opioid medication.
If you are looking to treat your condition with medical marijuana in Tampa, Hillsborough County, or any nearby city in the Tampa Bay area, call us today at (813) 873-7777 to schedule a consultation.